I need to check and see which one I didn't get a picture of, if it's the one my son uses or the one my daughter uses. I'm getting closer to a finished design, I really liked how Emily's turned out, but I need to tune that. This one I did in single crochet
So, of course there is a story. I had to take a break from both scarves I'm working on. Scarves are nice, but scarves are boring. So I took a quick look in my cotton stash, and hey! I had those 3 colors. So I figured, try another coffee sleeve. Maybe Mike could use it?
So when he called me from work, I asked him if he'd use a coffee sleeve, told him he'd probably like the colors. He thought about it and said "Well.. I'd like to say I would, but probably not." and I said "That's fine. I'm sure I can find a home for it." (yeah. I see you over there raising your hand.) Then I finished it up.
I showed Mike how it looked, and he said "Oh.. I'll take that to work with me tomorrow."
Of course. Silly me to think he wouldn't want it.
I use cotton for them because I know cotton protects against heat, all my potholders are made from the same yarn, and I know it's absorbant because Dad dries his dishes with cloths made of the same yarn. So I automatically thought "cotton" when I first started making them.
(get to the instructions already right? Before I forget like I did with the other two)
Color changes in ##, but do it however you want. Plain, with different color changes, whatever.
Worsted weight cotton, size F hook, tapestry needle to weave in ends. I worked pretty tightly, so if you work loosely, you might want to use a size E hook.
Chain 24, slipstitch to join
Rnd 1 : 1 sc in each stitch, slipstich to join (24 sc)
Rnd 2 : ch 1 (doesn't count as first stitch at all in this pattern) *sc in next 3 stitchs, 2 sc in next st* , repeat ** around, sl st to join (30 sc)
Rnd 3-7: ch 1, sc in each stitch, sl st to join
Rnd 8: #color 2# ch 1, *sc in next 5 stitches, 2 sc in next st*, repeat ** around, sl st to join (35 stitches)
Rnd 9-13: #color 3# ch 1, sc in each stitch, sl st to join
Rnd 14: #color 2# ch 1, *sc in next 6 stitches, 2 sc in next st*, repeat ** around, sl st to join (40 stitches)
Rnd 15-16: #color 1# ch 1, sc in each stitch, sl st to join
Rnd 17: #color 2#, ch 1, sc in each stitch, sl st to join
Rnd 18-19: #color 3# ch 1, sc in each stitch, sl st to join
Rnd 20: #color 2# ch 1, *sc in next 7 stitches, 2 sc in next st*, repeat ** around, slipstitch to join, break off and weave in ends.
This will fit a larger cup just fine, I'm not sure how it will fit on a 12 oz cup, I never buy them. But it's really easy to work out how to make on in any stitch or stitch pattern.
You'll need to work some plain rows between the increase rows to get that very slight taper to a cup, for me, for the gauge and yarn I was working in, increasing every 6th row worked.
That's the bottom of one. William's is shaped like a regular sleeve, without the bottom, but the bottom on it has worked out really well for Emily's so I think I'm sticking to that.
The other thing I've done this week other then working on the scarves, some beadwork and organising books I need to review is
It's for my physical therapist who loves vampires. She's actually got a lot of gorgeous beaded ones, so I wanted to make her something fun. It's glittery felt with sequin eyes, the details are done done with 2 strands of black floss and 2 strands of red carefully seperated and recombined so they would blend well. It's a bit googly-eyed, but I like how it turned out.
Thanks for looking!